- Session Five: Sunday 12:30pm–2:00pm
- Room 307
- Brad Latimer and Sunil Reddy
- Affiliation: Science Leadership Academy
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- High School, Middle School
- Conversation Description:
What can be done when students require additional support beyond the classroom? How can we offer support for students while balancing a full teaching load? How can resources be made available to effectively offer differentiated support? This conversation will focus on creating a structured set of mathematics resources both inside and outside of school. We will examine systems currently in place at SLA, including the use of online classrooms, an in-school peer- and teacher-led tutoring program, the use of online grade reports, math tutorial videos, and the creation of a math-enrichment course for students with multiple gaps in their math knowledge. Additionally, we will break into small groups to explore how teachers from other schools offer support, and we will examine challenges associated with setting up such structures. The conversation will conclude with a whole group discussion tying together many of our collective strategies and exploring how they can be set up most effectively in various school communities.
* Mr. Reddy's Math Recordings - video tutorial archive with practice problems for most major topics covered in Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry. More to come...
* Engrade Online Gradebook - allows students and concerned parties to get a current progress report whenever curious.
* Sample Live Support Intervention - video reenactment of instruction outside of the classroom.
- Conversational Practice:
- Educators from various schools will discuss and examine practices that they use to provide students differentiated math support both inside and outside of school.
- Elluminate Rooms ( instructions for launching Elluminate )
- Stream via Elluminate: Room 307 — Channel A
No comments have been posted yet.