None registered yet
- Session Three: Saturday 2:30pm–4:00pm
- Room 309
- Jonathan D. Becker
- Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
More and more educators are finding creative ways to integrate technology into the teaching and learning process. Sometimes, though, those teachers are stymied by legal or regulatory roadblocks. In some cases, the laws and regulations are applied properly. However, in many instances, laws and regulations are misinterpreted and/or misapplied. Stifling progressive teaching with technology based on the misinterpretation and/or misapplication of laws, regulations or policies is frustrating at best and educational malpractice at worst. In this "stump the lawyers" session, attendees will have an opportunity to discuss issues at the intersection of educational technology and the law with four uniquely qualified "expert" panelists. All four panelists are formally trained as lawyers, but all work in the field of educational leadership; three as professors and one as a superintendent. They are: *Jonathan Becker, J.D., Ph.D.
- Conversational Practice:
- This will be a hybrid panel discussion. The lead presenter (Becker) will be at Educon and the other panelists will be "there" via videoconferencing technology such as Tokbox or Tinychat. Additionally, the topics for discussion among the panel members will be generated by questions from those attending the session (face-to-face or even virtually).
- Elluminate Rooms ( instructions for launching Elluminate )
- Stream via Elluminate: Room 309 — Channel A
No comments have been posted yet.