None registered yet
- Session Two: Saturday 12:30pm–2:00pm
- Room 211
- Tracy Weber
- Affiliation: Education Consultant with AVerMedia Technologies
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
Purpose: To encourage educators to plan their classrooms from a learning perspective rather than from a tools perspective. Don't buy the tool and then figure out how to use it. Instead, figure out what learning should look like, and then focus on obtaining the tools to create that vision. Process: We'll begin by examining 21st century classrooms from a tools focused perspective and comparing that to industrial age classrooms. "Has anything really changed?" Participants will share in small groups the challenges and successes they've had as they attempted to morph their schools into modern age learning environments. Then we'll work in small groups to respond to the key question: "What should teaching and learning look like in the twenty-first century?" After groups have formulated a response, we'll share these as a whole group and formulate a single response. Finally, groups will be asked to consider the tools that are really needed to obtain that vision. Each component of our final response will be given to a different discussion group and they'll be asked to plan the technology that would fulfill a specific teaching and learning need. Those responses will be shared in a whole group setting.
- Conversational Practice:
- We'll use a modified format of the Gallery Walk and jigsaw groups for this discussion. With each focus question, small groups will discuss and formulate responses and then share with the whole group for the purposes of synthesizing a conclusion. We will potentially use a wiki or other collaborative Web-based tool to collect our ideas and responses.
- Elluminate Rooms ( instructions for launching Elluminate )
- Stream via Elluminate: Room 211 — Channel B