None registered yet
Elementary School In The 21st Century - How Does The Pedagogy Change? How Does That School Look, Or Not Look?
- Session One: Saturday 10:00am–11:30am
- Room 303
- Brian Crosby
- Affiliation: Agnes Risley School, Washoe County Schools, Nevada
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- Elementary School
- Conversation Description:
School/pedagogy needs to change, adapt, modernize is the siren call. We will briefly look at and/or discuss examples of lessons, technology use, and projects in elementary school today. Then use the bulk of our time attempting to outline what a "changed" vision for elementary school could and should be. Is there anything that stays the same? Should we approach this from no cost matters, or try to do it for the same or lower cost? Reading instruction ... what changes? What doesn't? Math? Other subjects? What about the building? Probably can't raze them all and build new ... so? What equipment/tools? We could dream big, but I'm thinking we might want to look at a model that is doable? What else? We can build a wiki so the thinking/planning can be archived and continued after the time runs out. as well as accessed and added to by those attending off site.
Standards? / Curriculum?
Assessment? / Accountability?
Does size matter?
Facilities? / Equipment?
Which subjects are taught / are not taught?
Magnet school / school with-in school?
Extra-curricular Programs? Sports, arts, scouts, various clubs / interest groups
Local / Global Connections / outreach?
Parent / Home Connection?
- Conversational Practice:
- We will build a wiki that will be available to continue after the session. http://21stcenturyelementaryschool.wikispaces.com/
- Elluminate Rooms ( instructions for launching Elluminate )
- Stream via Elluminate: Room 303 — Channel A