- Session One: Saturday 10:00am–11:30am
- Room 209
- Jessica Brown, Jeff Evans, Louis Mazza, Paul Wagenhoffer
- Affiliation: The Arts Academy at Benjamin Rush, Philadelphia, PA
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
This presentation explores cross disciplinary units of study in school; particularly emphasizing visual studies. We will explore the way in which faculty try to make connections on a daily basis throughout all subject areas. Professional development, unit planning, identifying resources, and community involvement all help play a key role in this endeavor. The vision of The Arts Academy at Benjamin Rush is that the arts provide an unequaled opportunity to foster intellectual growth. The Arts are not merely an add-on, they play an essential role in developing a student's growth and preparing them to be critical, creative thinkers for their future. By schools embracing these right-brain capabilities; design, empathy, and creativity, we will equip students with the necessary skills to succeed in the 21st century. What are the challenges that surround this work? What structures need to be put in place in order to support this vision?
- Conversational Practice:
- Interactive presentation involving group discussions. Teachers in several subject areas will show student work and will pose questions to the audience on educational beliefs.
- Elluminate Rooms ( instructions for launching Elluminate )
- Stream via Elluminate: Room 209 — Channel A
No comments have been posted yet.