- Session Four: Sunday 10:30am–12:00pm
- Room 303
- Kathleen McClaskey, Christine Southard
- Affiliation: Kathleen McClaskey, Edtech Associates and Christine Southard, Herricks UFSD
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
We want to explore the gap that exists between general and special education teachers and students in the 21st century classroom. Why does this gap continue to surface in education and what can we do as educators to fix it? Should the responsibility to fix this educational gap fall on teachers and or should the push come from the administrators that oversee them, or do we need to start with teacher training at the college level. The goal of teaching is to reach all learners everyday so that all students make progress in relation to their individual education goals as well as the state education goals. All kids are unique, yet students are often taught in a fashion that does not differentiate and/or meet a child's specific learning style. Has the time come for an inclusion revolution?
- Conversational Practice:
- We're going to use Survey Monkey to gather perceptions on the participants and the twitterverse before we initiate conversation about this school culture gap between general and special education teachers and the learners that they share. The conversational protocol will be twenty minutes of presentation and forty minutes of conversation. We have a wiki created that we will use as our home base to share our presentation, articles and a CoveritLive discussion space. We want to discuss what systematic changes need to occur to reform this section of the educational system.
- Elluminate Rooms ( instructions for launching Elluminate )
- Stream via Elluminate: Room 303 — Channel B
No comments have been posted yet.