None registered yet
- Session Two: Saturday 12:30pm–2:00pm
- Room 204
- Christian Long, Jason Kern, Benedikt Kroll and Michael Nathman
- Affiliation: The Oakridge School, Arlington, TX
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- High School
- Conversation Description:
For 6+ weeks this academic year, 3 sections of 10th grade English students (at a college prep, independent school in Texas) publicly analyzed Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (via The Annotated Alice: The Definitive Edition). Instead of the traditional approach to analyzing a text (with a teacher-lead conversations around pre-determined themes), students were challenged to "fall down the rabbit hole" (like Alice) throughout the duration of the project, therefore trusting their own instincts as they made their way through Wonderland's themes. The teacher shifted from running the class (and a single class blog) to being an as-needed literary resource and blog entry editor before posts/comments went public.
- Conversational Practice:
- * I will be opening up a session wiki and creating multiple Survey Monkey questionaire's (for each of the 13 student blogs and 1 for the project as a whole) to allow visitors to offer suggestions/evaluate what they discovered. * I plan on additionally using CoverItLive and/or Elluminate to provide a 'live-blogging' (and possible additional video stream) experience during the Educon session.
- Elluminate Rooms ( instructions for launching Elluminate )
- Stream via Elluminate: Room 204 — Channel B