None registered yet
- Session Five: Sunday 12:30pm–2:00pm
- Room 208
- David Jakes
- Affiliation: Glenbrook South High School, Glenview, IL
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
There are five axioms that form the foundation of the Educon experience. The axioms focus on the characteristics of school, of the role of technology and what learning can become. They provide a framework for informing what we can andshould do as educators.When we discuss pedagogy, when we discuss the skills that we wish to see develop in students, when we discuss the role of technology, and when we discuss learning in general, it is of critical importance that we also discuss the role that learning space has in supporting what we do. Excellent practice, high-quality learning, and successful institutions all require a place for the interactions of teaching and learning . Yet, the concept learning space is rarely discussed among educators as a "one-size- fits- all" classroom is the accepted expectation and reality in today's schools. As we critically examine educational practice this weekend, it is imperative that we also carefully reconsider the importance of where learning occurs.This conversation seeks to do just that.
- Conversational Practice:
- In this session, our conversation will be based on developing the perspectives that move participants from a classroom-based model of teaching and learning to one that is rooted in the concept of a learning space. Our conversations will help participants clarify their expectations for a learning space, and how such a space can support an expanded and relevant educational experience for students.
- Elluminate Rooms ( instructions for launching Elluminate )
- Stream via Elluminate: Room 208 — Channel A
No comments have been posted yet.