Modified Tuning Protocol
1. Introduction - Facilitator briefly introduces protocol goals, norms, and agenda.
2. Presentation [20 minutes]. Presenter describes the context of work (its vision, coaching, scoring rubric, etc.) and presents samples.
3. Clarifying Questions [15 minutes maximum]. Facilitator judges if questions more properly belong as warm or cool feedback than as clarifiers.
4. Warm and Cool Feedback [15 minutes]. Participants among themselves share responses to the work and its context; teacher-presenter is silent. Facilitator may lend focus by reminding participants of an area of emphasis supplied by teacher-presenter.
5. Reflection/ Response [15 minutes]. Teacher-presenter reflects on and responds to those comments or questions he or she chooses to. Participants are silent. Facilitator may clarify or lend focus.